I never win anything. Seriously, they could have a raffle going on, to which I have every ticket except one. They will call the number listed on the ticket held in the hand of the short sweaty man next to me every time. They will not, despite the overwhelming odds in my favor, EVER call any of the numbers on the nine hundred tickets I hold. And this is why I am very honored to have been nominated for the "Very Inspiring Blogger Award"! (Wait, did I win? Or am I just nominated? When do they announce the winner?) Hmmm, it seems that perhaps I still have not won anything.
Nonetheless, I have been NOMINATED by Eternal Atlantis, a very cool blog written by fellow writer, Luciana, who lives in Australia and writes stories inspired by travels to Italy and Greece. Thank you, Luciana!
It seems that this honor does not come without strings. The rules are listed here:
- Link back to the person who nominated you: Thank you so much Luciana!
- Post the award image to your page.
- Tell 7 facts about yourself.
- I spend an inordinate amount of time playing with Lego.
- I am a recovering personal trainer. (Also recovering wine salesperson, travel writer, pharmaceutical sales rep and technology marketing director.)
- I'm a tech writer in my 'real' life.
- I'm a military spouse.
- I'm a wine snob.
- I'm a ballet dancer.
- I love corn dogs.
4. Nominate 15 other blogs. Wow. 15. Okay: some of these aren't writing-related... I do have other interests, you know...
- Poeta Officium - she's probably already won this one. Unlike me, I think Virginia wins stuff...
- Be Not Afeard
- Molly Writes
- Novels from the Ground Up
- Rae Spencer
- Live to Write, Write to Live
- Bohemia Speaks
- Daniel J. Davis
- JQ Trotter
- The Misanthropic Hostess
- The Selfish Seamstress
- Think Liz
OK. Maybe this is why I don't win stuff. I don't follow the rules. I've only got 13. There are certainly 2 more deserving blogs out there. (But I'm at work and can't surf anymore. Actual work, etc. GAH!)
Thanks again, and congrats to my own lucky nominees (who now I think I have to email and alert. More time sucking... I may have to delay that... argh! need. more. hours. in. day.)