Today I'm thrilled to host an amazing author and help promote her new book! Check out the awesome cover...
Author Michelle Lynn was kind enough to answer some of my questions.
- What part of the country do you live in? From what part do you originate? I am a Midwest girl through and through. I have lived in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Illinois and some of those places more than once.
- Do you have siblings? Where do you fall in the pecking order? Yes, I am the youngest of three with an older brother and sister. Surprisingly, sometimes I feel like the oldest instead of the youngest.
- When did you begin writing? I remember thinking stories in my head in junior high. Jotting down some poetry as well. Wish I could find those binders now.
- Favorite Jelly Belly? (this is an important question, people!) Watermelon. I always search for those green beans with the red centers.
- Do you resemble any of the characters you develop? Not really. I am struggling with the book I am currently writing. My main character is very secretive and holds back her feelings, whereas, I am an open book and never fail to express myself, just ask my husband.
- Would the story of how you fell in love with your significant other make for a great book? Not to sound self-absorbed, but I do (not that I would write it). We had a lot of elements that make a great story. Forbidden work place romance, disapproval of family, still finding ourselves and best of all a HEA.
- What was the last book you finished? Allure by Nina Lane. Loved it!
- What surprised you about the publishing process? The bloggers and groups in social media astonished me. I am an avid reader and I never searched it out. Shame on me, I’m sure I missed out on some great discussions over books I love.
- Are there characters that stayed with you after you finished the book? Funny you ask. Just this morning a thought crossed my mind about Kellan and Kiera from Reckless. (Not sure why?) If I experience a similarity to the book, the characters can come right back to my mind. I love it when that happens. Sometimes I am driving and a song will come on that I listened to while reading a book and my mind will drift back to the characters, making me smile.
- Give us a couple lines from your WIP:
“You are mine…always.” His lips crush into mine and the warmth spreads through my body. His hand moves from my cheek to my neck pulling me closer, keeping me firmly against his lips. He licks my bottom lip asking me for permission to open and, knowing that the words he just spoke are true, I oblige. His tongue meets mine and they dance together like they always have.
About Michelle Lynn:
Michelle moved around most of her life before settling down in the outskirts of Chicago ten years ago, where she now resides with her husband and two kids. She developed a love for reading at a young age, which helped lay the foundation for her passion of writing. With the encouragement of her family, she finally sat down and wrote one of the many stories that float around in her head. She enjoys writing and developing the characters she hopes you fall in love with, as much as she has. When she isn’t reading or writing, she can be found playing with her kids, talking to her mom on the phone, or hanging out with her family and friends.
Stalk Michelle here: