As part of the weeklong Blogger Book Fair event, I want to introduce you to Sydney Logan today! Sydney is an Amazon bestselling author and holds a Master’s degree in Elementary Education. With the 2012 release of her first novel, Lessons Learned, she made the transition from bookworm to author. Her second novel, Mountain Charm, was released in July 2013. She is also the author of two short stories: “Mistletoe Magic,” available exclusively on Amazon Kindle, and “Stupid Cupid,” which is featured in the Romantic Interludes compilation.
Sydney has a very unhealthy obsession with music, and her iPod is filled with everything from Johnny Cash to Eminem. When she isn't reading or writing, she enjoys playing piano and relaxing on her front porch at her home in East Tennessee with her wonderful husband and their very spoiled cat.
Please visit her on the web at www.sydneylogan.com
Now it's time for the "Not-Your-Average-Author QA"...
- In what part of the country do you live? From what part do you originate? I was born in Texas, but I have lived in Tennessee since I was a year old.
- Do you have siblings? Where do you fall in the pecking order and do you think it’s influenced your life? I am the oldest of five children. It’s influenced my life in that I have a major mother hen complex. I want to take care of everyone and be the peacekeeper.
- How did you meet your best friend? I met my best friend in college.
- When did you begin writing? I’ve written songs and short stories since I was in elementary school, but I just started publishing a year ago.
- What has surprised you most about the process of being published? I was not prepared for the business side of things. I spend a lot of time promoting my book. Learning how to balance that with writing and editing has been a challenge.
- Is writing your “day job”? If not, what else do you do? I’m a librarian.
- What Jelly Belly flavor is your favorite? Black Licorice - (*editor's note - I had to pause here to allow sufficient time to digest this. I didn't think ANYONE else liked the black licorice ones. Okay. Shock processed. Do continue...*)
- If you sat down at a bar at this moment, what would you order to drink? Something non-alcoholic
- What was the last book you finished? Take What You Want by Jeanette Grey
- What has been your favorite writing project to work on? Probably Mountain Charm. It was my second novel, so I felt more confident and had a better idea of what to expect when it was time to edit.
- Are there any characters – yours or another author’s – that have stayed in your head after you’ve finished their book? Hazel Grace and Augustus from The Fault in Our Stars, Charlotte from Charlotte’s Web, the boy from The Giving Tree, Hank from Exotic Music of the Belly Dancer . . . this could be a long list! :)
- What performance would you drop everything to see if it came to your town? (Band, artist, opera, ballet, whatever…) Adele, Miranda Lambert, Alison Krauss, Mumford & Sons, Kasey Musgraves . . . (again, another long list!)
“True love and sweet whispers, till death do us part; Send someone to love my Appalachian heart.”
At the age of thirteen, Angelina Clark followed in the footsteps of her ancestors by casting an Appalachian love spell, which promised she would blossom into a beautiful and gifted woman who would find her true love. A young Angelina had been thrilled to participate in the sacred ritual, but through the years, her father’s untimely death and her mother’s failing health have shaken Angelina’s magical faith to its core. As her twenty-first birthday approaches, she refuses to practice her supernatural gifts and no longer believes in the love charm.
That is, until Dylan Thomas arrives on her front porch.
Dylan, a Nashville writer, travels to the mountain town of Maple Ridge to unearth the family’s supernatural secrets. While her clairvoyant mother is convinced that Dylan is her daughter’s soul mate, Angelina refuses to see the nosy reporter as anything more than a nuisance.
Despite their constant bickering, sparks fly.
Dylan admits he feels strangely drawn to Angelina and is in no hurry to leave Maple Ridge or publish his magazine article. Fearful that his emotions are being influenced by the spell, a stubborn Angelina struggles to fight her own budding attraction to the reporter.
The two inevitably grow closer just as her mother’s health begins to deteriorate, and Angelina is faced with the possibility of selling the family’s music shop to pay the mounting medical expenses. Desperate to help the woman he loves, Dylan explores his own family tree and finds support from an unlikely source. Can he finally prove his love is real—spell or no spell?
A story filled with love, friendship, family, and just a hint of Appalachian magic, Mountain Charm will leave you spellbound.
Enter to win Mountain Charm!
Also available through iTunes, Kobo, & Books-a-Million
Social Media Links: