Hello! Hi! Remember me? Sorry I've been a bad correspondent. It isn't that there is anything to write about. There's tons. I've got some good things in the hopper, actually...I'm just not at liberty to talk about them yet, as they're not quite solid. Kind of slushy. But good. :)
In the meantime, it's been so fun to see the reactions people have had to Men and Martinis... most of my friends and acquaintances know that parts of that story were based on my life, my friends, and the time I spent living in NYC in the late nineties. They also have guessed that if any of the characters were me, it'd be Natalie Pepper. Which leads to a lot of questions. The top three:
1) Did you ever end up with CJ?
2) Was there really a Damon?
3) Did you actually wear plastic pants?
The answers are as follows.
1) Can't tell...there are a book two and three, after all. But let's just say that I'm not a fan of cliffhangers or unhappy endings. I also don't like the slam dunk, so expect some twists and turns. :)
2) Sort of. And I'll never say more than that.
3) Sadly, yes. I had a pair of plastic snakeskin patterned jeans that I actually bought in a mens' store in Chelsea. I have no idea why I was shopping in a mens' store in Chelsea, except maybe that I knew it was an up-and-coming gay community, and the store had a nice window display (which didn't include snakeskin pants.) I can only imagine what the person working there must have been thinking as I went to try them on. Maybe I was drunk. I don't really remember... Anyway, I did own them, and I did wear them, usually with a pair of round toe Steve Madden black platform boots that I loved. I remember putting them in a box to give away more than ten years later. I'd spent all that time convincing myself that there could be an occasion to wear them again, though most of my friends assured me there would be no such time.
Anyway, I hope you're all doing well, and hope to have a few announcements here soon!